After 40 glorious years, Pic-a-Flic closed on September 22, 2023.
We extend the largest THANK YOU to our customers and supporters through all these years!!!
UPDATE: Our CLOSING SALE is now OVER.
Oswego Video has acquired the remaining Pic-a-Flic stock. Visit them in James Bay to continue the legacy!
For 40 years, Pic-a-Flic was a beloved video rental spot. Our community rented from over 30,000 gems from around the world and across genres at Victoria’s deepest video library. We held five times as many titles as Netflix Canada, and most of our library was around half the price of online rentals. Of the 500 best movies of all time, most streaming services have only a small handful. But you could rent them all from us, and our friendly staff helped you explore favourites of all types. We held Icelandic dramas, cult sci-fi, rare documentaries, independant animation, music concerts, 1930s detective movies, 1970s comedy TV:
- over 1,500 DVDs of great TV, from West Wing to Game of Thrones!
- over 1,500 family movies, from Miyazaki to Pixar!
- over 800 French titles, from Renoir to Jeunet!
- over 500 cult titles, from Warhol to Lynch!
- over 3,000 British titles, from Mike Leigh to Doctor Who!
- over 1,500 documentaries, from Don’t Look Back to Citizen Four!
- over 300 musicals, from Singin’ in the Rain to Moulin Rouge!
- … and so, so much more!
Find us on Facebook and Instagram.